Nautical Archeology Services: Setting the Standard
R. Christopher Goodwin & Associates, Inc. provides trained staff and state-of-the-art technology and equipment to advance productivity and increase safety. Our professional staff meet or exceed the Department of the Interior’s Standards and Guidelines (36 CFR Part 61). The Underwater Services division is managed to anticipate and be responsive to customer needs, evolving around economies of scale, efficiency, and program safety.
Our Surface Air Supplied Diving System consists of the following basic components:
- High-pressure gas control station (i.e., gas rack)
- Topside two-diver communications control
- Kirby Morgan SuperLite® 27 diver’s helmets
- Four-part umbilical consisting of a strength member, communications cable, breathing air hose, and pneumo-fathometer hose
- Divex MK 4 Arvest safety harness
- 30 cubic ft bailout bottles. This system allows the divers to maximize bottom time and report findings to the surface in real time, while maintaining a high level of safety
R. Christopher Goodwin & Associates, Inc. also maintains membership in the Association of Diving Contractors International (ADCI) and adheres to the ADCI Consensus Standards for Commercial Diving and Underwater Operations and all applicable ADCI regulatory provisions. All operations conform to regulations put forth by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), pursuant to 29 CFR Part 1910, Subpart T – Commercial Diving Operations and 29 CFR Part 1910, Subpart T, App B – Guidelines for Scientific Diving. The Safe Practices / Operations Manual developed and maintained by R. Christopher Goodwin & Associates, Inc. ensures that we meet or exceed the highest industry standards for safety. We maintain full and appropriate USL&H and Maritime Employer’s Liability (MEL)(Jones Act) coverage and have a zero incidence rate during scientific diving operations.